Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pet Expo (12 weeks)

Today Dan and I went to a Pet Expo with the puppies today. It was so much fun! By far the best socialization they've ever gotten. So many different people and dogs to meet. They even met rabbits. Everyone seemed to think they were just the cutest things...Made Dan and I feel like the life of the party. hah.

Right when we got there, we saw a massive Great Dane - we were on our way to ask if we could let our puggles meet him, when it's owner actually approached us and asked the same question...I guess he was learning manners around puppies, while our pups were learning about big dogs. The whole thing just went great. By the time we left, they were PROS with new people and dogs... such a great turn around.

Interesting thing I learned about Great Danes: If you neuter them too young, sometimes they can experience an unusual growth spurt and actually grown TALLER then they are supposed to be. I wonder if it cuts into their life span? I could see people taking advantage of this fact and breeding even bigger Great Danes...They already have such a short life, it would really be a shame.


2 comments: